Mary Strickland

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Home, March 12, 2009

Mary came home today. Now she can rest without wires and tubes and sensors of all kinds connected to her. Her speech is much better today. The Speech therapist came in today and Mary will make an appointment with her. I don't know if the speech therapist will be able to keep up with Mary. The outside swelling is gone and the inside seems to be dissipating also. She will be on steroids for about a week to help the swelling. All things considered she is doing very well. I know you all have held her up before the Lord and I know that is why she is doing so well. Mary wrote a note she wanted everyone to hear. Sarah and Nili read it a couple times in the waiting room and I would like all of you to see it. She sees all of you as her Stretcher Bearers.

"Note to my stretcher bearers,
Thank you! I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you for your prayers, your faith, your obedience to the Lord, your love, your friendship and your constant vigilance. May the Lord bless you. May His presence continually abide with you. Our God is faithful.

I want you to know I am Saved, Sealed, Blessed and Healed. In Jesus Name Amen”

Mary.


Even though Mary was the patient being operated on and attended to, she made sure everyone that came in contact with her knew she was in God’s hands. If someone said good luck, without hesitation she corrected them and let them know she served a Great and mighty God. If someone commented on how well she was doing, again she pointed them back to Jesus as the source of her strength. Mary made sure God was glorified. I believe everyone from the Surgeon to the nurse know Mary is a child of the King. Yesterday I stopped people from going into see her for several hours so she could get some rest. The nurse asked me if I wanted to limit the visitors to, in her words “just family” I told her everyone that was coming to see her, are her family. I should have explained it a little better. Some by Mary’s blood and some by Jesus blood.

I hope you will forgive me if I didn’t let you in to see her. I felt she needed some rest. I was watching the heart monitor and when she was trying to get the right words out it was going up 20 or 30 bpm. So I did what I felt was best for her.

I don’t know if you all will ever really know how much we appreciate all your visits and calls and prayers, and just simply being there for us. We are blessed.

May God bless you all abundantly.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I love you baby sister, Donald

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • please call if you need anything.when your ready for a visit please let us know.Mary you know my number and I'll bring the coffee.Donald

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • Hey, hows it going? Hope your doing good. I,m hoping you will call if I can do something for you! Donald

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home