Mary Strickland

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yesterday Mary had her second IV Chemotherapy. That really runs her down. Today she said she is doing well, a little tired. She slept well last night and did not get sick. We believe all you prayers are help with the known side effects of all of her treatments. Mary is about to the point in her treatments were these side effects really start to appear. Please keep praying for God to intervene on her behalf and spare her any discomfort from these treatments. She did have a CT scan on Tuesday. There is a lot of swelling still so any reduction of Decadron (drug for swelling) is unlikely. We were hopping they would lower the amount she needs. It is a steroid and has negative side effects. Mary’s faith is high, and she knows God is still in control. We thank all of you for all your prayers, support, blessings and everything you are doing to help us in this time.

7 Comments:

  • Hello Again.....
    Thank you for sharing with us. I thought I would let you know that I have a note on my computer that says Mary + meaning sending positive thoughts every time I see it!
    @lexandria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • I worked with Mary years ago, and she touched my life in such a significant way! My thoughts and prayers are with Mary and the entire Strickland family.
    Marci Meschke

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • Dear Mary,

    Nichole and I are praying for you regularly. I just got back from a trip to the Holy Land and while at the Western Wall, the Lord brought you to mind, so I tore a little piece of paper from my purse and wrote your name on it, prayed and tucked it in the wall (I'll send a picture with Nichole for Danielle, since I can't figure out how to attach it here. I hope it is an encouragement to you). I've also got the anointed prayer partners at Daystar/Dallas praying for you.

    We love you!!

    Janice and Nichole Smith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Hello my Colorado mom and family! I have been following your case and am happy to see that things look like they are going well so far. i never doubted they would. You are such an amazing woman. I decided to leave a comment today since it is Shan's b-day and I'm hoping you guys are all having a wonderful time together. Keep up your fight and I'll keep praying for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

  • Dear Mary,
    I'm just writing to let you know that you and your
    family are being prayed for daily, with thoughts of
    healing, wholeness, peace, and grace.
    Your Old HF Buddy,
    David

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

  • Mary,

    I am a coworker of Bob and I went through Hodgkins 5 years ago and am doing fine now. I wanted to let you know that You and Bob have many prayers going out to you from our church group. We wish you a speedy treatment and recovery.

    Call us anytime if you guys need to talk..

    Larry and Dorothy Jackson
    (863)-965-2143 Home

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

  • Dear Mary,
    What a treat it was to see you and visit with you on Friday. What a blessing you are. It did my heart good to talk about the things of God with you and to talk TO God with you. "My God is able to deliver..." "To all who touched the hem of His garment..."

    Praise His Holy Name. The Name above every other.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home