Mary Strickland

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mary is a Graduate

Thursday (1/11) Mary finished her Raditation Therapy and received her “Certificate of Perfect Attendance” This is due to everyone that helped take her to the appointments. We thank you very much. A couple of days before (Tuedsay) she was also able get her last Chemotherapy Treatment. Her platelets we not great but high enough to get the treatment. It was November 22nd when she started the treatments and because of your prayers, support and God’s grace Mary has finished this first phase very well. So here is the next phase. January 18th we meet with the Oncologist to hear more details of what’s coming. This we do know. They will not take an MRI until February 7th to be sure that all the effects of the Radiation are gone (swelling, edema, etc.) Also on the 7th she will be tested for lung capacity to be sure she can take the next phase. Mary will have three days (7th, 8th, and 9th) of four hour a day Chemotherapy IV drip. That is all we know right now. I will update this after January 18th. Our prayers are that the MRI comes back and dumfounds the Dr’s. Three things that continue to make an impression on Mary’s heart is God’s Peace, God’s Presence, and God’s Provision. A day does not go by that we don’t thank God for all of you that pray and support us. We daily ask God’s blessing on all of you.

Thank you.

6 Comments:

  • God is so good. I praise Him that He has shown you incredible mercy bringing you this far without any sickness. I have had patients tell me that they thought the treatment was worse than the disease. He has definitely blessed you. I continue to pray for you and your wonderful family. I love you Mary and Bob. And thanks for hosting the evening for Christina when she was in Denver. She had a good time. Kathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • Please extend to Mary she is in our prayers. We are so happy and thankful she completed her first round of treatment with perfect attendance.
    Pam & Bear

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • Yes, God is good. Mrs. Kuehl gave me your blog address and it's been amazing to follow along w/ how you're doing, Mrs. Strickland. It's even overwhelming for me at times. But I want you to know that my roomate, Nathan Salley, and I will be doing our best to keep you and your family in our prayers.

    Never cease to trust God in whatever is to come, and may His perfect will be accomplished. I pray He gives you supernatural strength and peace, and never-ending hope that only He can give.

    We're commanded to be anxious about nothing. WHY? Cuz He's got it ALL under control.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

  • Hey Colorado Mom and Family!
    I just wanted to thank you for letting me visit you over New Year's. It was great seeing you all and to see one of the strongest women I've ever met in my life. Thanks for sharing your time and stories and I hope you continue to do well. I will continue to pray and I hope to see you this summer when I plan to move out to Colorado.
    Lara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • Hi Mary and Bob,
    I have been following Mary's progress from the beginning. David and I (Bob remember David went to Brazil with you) are praying for you and all we hear about is Mary's faith and her witness of the Lord.
    I just came across an old piano recital program and saw Danielle's name. It has been 10 years.Tell her hello for me. I can't believe that she is all grown up. The Lord be with you and we love you. Gail Schiedt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • Dear Mary and family:
    So glad to hear of Mary's progress!! I think and pray for her everyday. Mary's smile and laughter has always reminded me to be thankful. I am certainly a better person knowing Mary. Keep up the good fight.

    Bernadette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home