Mary Strickland

Monday, May 18, 2009

Oasis of Hope 5/18/09

Sunday (5/17/09) was Mary’s last day of IV treatments at the Oasis of Hope in Mexico. She is ready to go home to say the least. It has been good here but it is time to go home and start the second phase. That will consist of oral treatments she will do daily. Mary is part of everyone else’s therapy here. She is being used by God to encourage everyone she comes in contact with. One Dr. said she needed to put her attitude and faith in a bottle so he could give it to other patients. One girl hear said Mary has been her greatest encouragement and doesn’t want her to leave. We will be home late Wed. night.

God Bless
Bob & Mary.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Dear Mary: Oasis of hope is not the same without you. We miss you.
    Sorry I didn't say good by since Michelle was asking for me and then I waited for the bone marrow to infuse and went up to the 3er floor with her. She slept all afternoon like you. Well, how does it feel to be at home? Hope we can see each other again. We'll be in contact. Love Beatriz(Michelle's Mom)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • Hello my Little Ray of Sunshine! I am sorry that I didn't know of your surgery and Mexico trip. I came to the blog today after hearing the news of my brother's wife being diagnosed with the same condition. You are such an encouragment to everyone. I sure love you and your wonderful family. I would love to spend some time with you when you are up to some company. Lunch? Love you, Jan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home